A. Physical Misconduct
1. No Individual Shall: At any time strike, shove, threaten to strike, or lay a hand upon an official, player or spectator.
2. No Individual Shall: Use unnecessarily rough tactics during the course of a game.
3. Assault charges may be filed for the above examples of misconduct.
B. Verbal and Visual Misconduct
1. No Individual Shall: Engage in an abusive, verbal attack upon any official or individual on or off the contest area.
2. No Individual shall: Use trash talk; profane; obscene; or vulgar language, under any circumstances, on or off the contest area.
3. No Individual Shall: Engage in an objectionable demonstration of dissent or unsportsmanlike conduct such as throwing equipment or any other forceful action.
4. No Individual Shall: Except the coach/manager, respectfully contend the decision of an official.
C. General Misconduct
1. No Individual Shall: Refuse to abide by an officials decision.
2. No Individual Shall: Appear in the contest area under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
3. No Individual Shall: Consume alcoholic beverages while the team is participating in a game or in the contest area.
Warning by the game official or Site Manager.
A. Suspension from the current game and any subsequent games on the same day.
B. Official may call the game and award a forfeit victory to the opponent.
C. Site Manager may suspend the individual/team from one additional game and from further league play.
Penalty will be determined after Maryland SportsPlex staff review.
Specifically, the following behavior is prohibited:
Initiating or threatening fights; entering the field of play for the purpose of confronting officials; using obscene or profane language or gestures; and throwing objects into the field of play. Offenders may be banned from sports events for 12 months and are required to produce evidence that they have undergone approved anger management counseling
A. Suspension / Ejection
1. The site manager or game official may suspend/eject a player, coach or spectator from a current game.
2. When requested; a suspended/ejected individual must remove him/her self immediately from the contest area.
3. If a suspended/ejected individual does not leave the contest area then the game will not continue.
4. Two minute clause: The suspended/ejected individual will be allowed two minutes to leave the contest area. If the time limit is not met the contest will be forfeited to the opponents.
5. A suspended/ejected player may remain in the viewing lobby if they remain orderly. If there are additional outburst or threats the individual will be asked to leave the facility grounds. Police assistance may be requested. Failure to leave the premises will cause his/her team to forfeit.
B. Length of Suspension
1. Individuals suspended/ejected from a game will automatically be suspended from the next scheduled game.
2. The General Manager shall be responsible for suspending individuals for more than one game.
3. The General Manager shall be responsible for suspending players from further league play.
4. Individuals, other than a coach, removed from further league play cannot be replaced on the roster.
5. Repeated Sports Code of Conduct violations may jeopardize future participation by the individual or team.
6. The severity of the infraction will determine the penalty and maximum penalties may involve more than one season and more than one sport.
7. Each Sports Code of Conduct incident will be reviewed and the team manager will be informed of the decision within a reasonable length of time.
Let the refs referee!!
Respect the game,
no sideline calls
Let the players play!!
Respect the game,
no negative comments
Let the coaches’ coach!!
Respect the game,
no bleacher coaching
ALL COACHES, TEAMS AND PLAYERS MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING WITH
THE GOVERNING ORGANIZATION FOR THEIR SPORT
"If you're banned from any county, league, or other sporting organization, you are banned from participation at
the Maryland SportsPlex"